WTB 2wd Manual Steering Pitman arm

Sale of V8 Ranger trucks and parts

Moderator: MalcolmV8

HPWTX

WTB 2wd Manual Steering Pitman arm

Post by HPWTX »

Hello all,

I have registered to your site for a v8 Ranger Project that we are working on.

Doing a v8 conv we are going to switch to a a manual steering gear box....I have found a rebuilt unit but are unable to locate a 2wd manual steering pitman arm.

If you have one for sale please contact me through the site or call the shop directly. We are set up with paypal..

Thanks!! Cheers!!

-Michael
HighPerformanceWorld
Garland, Tx 75041
(972)-271-3900
plowboy34
SM: No

Re: WTB 2wd Manual Steering Pitman arm

Post by plowboy34 »

Michael, I probably have one but would have to dig through shop to find it, that being said the reason I have one is when we first did my son's truck we went manual steering too and I STRONGLY suggest you don't go there. If this is going to be a daily driver or drove on the street at all I would not do it. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal but it was a pain trying to turn that truck in parking spots or when slowly moving. I am not bragging but I am a fairly stout man and it was a serious workout to turn. The boy was like his momma and on the smaller side and it was really tough on him. When we put in the new engine we went back to power steering and it is one of the best things I ever did in the Hot Rod world. I know this was kinda long but seriously I would reconsider going manual steering.
Dirt is for Farming....Asphalt is for Racing

85 Ranger 5.0, GTP Engine, Carbed, AOD, 7.5 3:45 rear gear(for now)
77 Mustang II 302, C4, 8" rearend 3:00 gears, 4 point roll bar
73 Mustang Convertible, Bone Stock, 48,000 original miles
91 F-250 5.8W(really needs a 460) 4X4
2000 Mustang 3.8 V6, Bone Stock
2011 Ford Fusion (Momma's hot rod)