?anyone know what this is or what it does??

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

94stranger
SM: No

?anyone know what this is or what it does??

Post by 94stranger »

I got this box from one of the cars at work no real Idea what it does its called venom 400 performance control module
'93 ranger ext cab 5.0L HO lorider
broncobowsher

Post by broncobowsher »

A little Google search shows it boasts wuper claims with nothing to back it. They have models to fit everything and claim it can reach the moon. I can't find anything other then the factory sales pitch. Never heard of such a thing. They say it is a tuner that you do yourself in minutes instead of sending something out. But even the best tuners only make very minor changes to how an engine runs (unless it has been heavily modified and way out of tune). No where near the 25% they are claiming.

So it is expensive snake oil.
94stranger

Post by 94stranger »

just wondering cause I got it for free so. . . . . . . now could this thing maybe do the same as a chip?
'93 ranger ext cab 5.0L HO lorider
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

If you are really that curious to know what tune is in it, you can have the tune extracted by someone with the equipment to do it, then post the extracted *.BIN file on the EECTuning.org site. The guys there could probably tell you what it is, what they changed, and any other detail you wanted to know.

I've never looked at what "over the counter" performance chips are actually tweaking in the tune. But if it's only purpose is to work with a stock, or near stock motor, then it can't be doing much. However with a TwEECer, you can do about as much as you want with the tune. There are LOTS of things to tweak in the tune that are now exposed, and you can modify each and every setting to your heart's content to fit you application. The TwEECer truly is complete tuning ability as long as you DO NOT use the software that comes with it. To be such a powerful piece of hardware, the accompanying software SUX. There's another guy that makes a program to work with the TwEECer that does tuning justice. The catch is this alternate software only supports a handful of different EECs. But the most popular are covered like the 89-93 EECs (i.e. A9L, A9P, A9M, etc).
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org