FINALLY!!!

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cee21

FINALLY!!!

Post by cee21 »

After few chances of free time and a few mistakes it finally started. Now I have a lot of lose ends to tie up, like wire up my fans, attach the throttle cable, etc.
jbaer619
SM: No

Post by jbaer619 »

good job man! Yeah im in the same boat as you right now finally got it to stay on and hold idle, and it sounds great too, I just lov letting it idle for a minute and already start to get dirty looks from the neighbors :twisted: . Thats mostly do to those headers I got off of you. Thanks again man
94 5.0l ranger, 6 in. lift in front 0 in back, pro-comp shocks w/ res. camburg springs, f-150 bent i-beams and radius arms, flared fiberglass fenders all around, 33 in. bfg muds with 4.56 posy rear end
cee21

Post by cee21 »

Yeah, open headers sound great, but I am already thinking of getting the long tubes from james duff and selling the L&L headers I have on it. What really helps me out is the fact that they moved here to Knoxville from Washington state. Which saves me a butt load on shipping. I could only run mine for a few seconds though :cry: . I didn't have the radiator hoses and the electric fans hooked up. At least a lot of questions have been put to rest for me like if everything I got used was any good. By the way, how did the install of those headers go?
jbaer619
SM: No

Post by jbaer619 »

It was a lot different than I thought it would be, the passenger side went on really easy but the drivers side (even with the steering box already out ) was a tight fit. I had to end up unbolting the engine on that side and lifting it a couple of inches to get it in. But now I do need to find a new place for my fuel filter, but I was thinking about re-doing the lines anyways so this just gives me a reason.
94 5.0l ranger, 6 in. lift in front 0 in back, pro-comp shocks w/ res. camburg springs, f-150 bent i-beams and radius arms, flared fiberglass fenders all around, 33 in. bfg muds with 4.56 posy rear end