And its done!!!!(except for exhaust)

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cee21

And its done!!!!(except for exhaust)

Post by cee21 »

Finally got to drive it out yesterday. Sad thing was, its first trip was to a gas station. And boy, driving with open headers back to the house made my ears start to hurt by the time I got there. But I didn't notice my ear's hurting till I stopped grinning (which was the end of the drive home). The only issue I have is the fuel gauge seems to not work properly. It is a brand new sending unit I bought off of one of those ebay companies several months ago. Do you all think that the ohm's or what ever signal it reads could be different from the fuel injected to carbed rbv's? Now all I need is freon in the A/C, a set of exhaust pipes and flowmasters, tags, and insurance.
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

Its quite possible the sending unit isn't the right resistance for your gauge. If memory serves, the behavior of the sensor and gauge changed in 1989...and it wasn't a small change. It was rather significant both in min/max resistance and in the direction the resistance changed as the gauge went from F to E.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org