Water powered engines

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Water powered engines

Post by MalcolmV8 »

I've always heard about it but never knew the technology was this this far along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDHT0hBgVOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZOsOB3z3IE&NR=1
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cee21

Post by cee21 »

Hmmm....I might just give that a try come this fall. Too freakin hot right now to move. Also wasn't there something someone invented to add on to a carburator back in the late 70's that could get you 50 mpg's. Then it was subbenly not avaliable. Big oil bought the paton or OPEC did.
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

Those are some amazingly compelling videos, but none of the videos offer a shred of true technical information that explains how they overcome the Conservation of Energy law that says Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only change form. The whole concept that water can be used to make mechanical power, and return to water without the help from any other energy source is a kin to a perpetual motion machine.

I'd be quick to retrofit my gas burning engine to "water" if there was any info that detailed exactly how to do this in a way that I could believe would work. It just seems to me that if the ability to do this were as sound as the videos indicate, there'd be FAR more people doing it to power their cars and houses. But if it were possible, imagine your very own power source in your house fueled by the rain. Suddenly electric cars would be all the rage. Charge up at whatever local perpetual motor generator was around.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Yup exactly. Details are sketchy at best. It does make you want to try though. I followed a few links there on youtube and found a few videos that showed people running electrolysis in water bottles in their cars powered by the alternator while you drive and the hydrogen/oxygen coming off was been sucked into the intake and they claimed anywhere from 20 to 50% improvement in gas mileage. Once again no real details. I did find one site that claims to sell plans etc. for $50. Humm yeah.... I think I'll pass.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

I have no doubt that hydrogen will burn in the engine. That's a sound theory, but you come right back around to the conservation of energy. The alternator produces a certain amount of electrical energy based on how much energy is put into it by the motor. That enercy would be used to break the water molecules apart into hydrogen and oxygen molecules. That process takes the introduction of energy. The release of energy you get from burning the hydrogen and oxygen can only give you back the amount you already put in less losses associated with converting energy. So unless they are somehow taking advantage of minimizing other losses (i.e. the ratio between alternator drag vs energy production is reduced for high loads), then I could see that possible. But it comes back to you are only making things a bit more efficient, not producing something from nothing.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org