8.8 rear

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

prpleranger
SM: No

Post by prpleranger »

i guess you could call it a recall its not advertized as such i guess ford doesnt wanna pay for em if they dont have to so they call it a tsb and if you have the problem of noise they replace everything dunno if there is any cost to it. also i had worked on an 04 irs explorer that was making noise we got away with replacing the clutchpacks and the noise went away for the most part. not how i like to do it but the guy wanted to be cheep
95 extended cab ranger 302 .30 over e-303
forged eagle crank & rods forged speed pro coated pistons: 5 speed explorer 8.8 disk brake rear lowered 3" in back 4" in front
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

Do you know if there is a cut off for the year and millage? And do you have to be the first owner of the vehical?
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
prpleranger

Post by prpleranger »

im not really sure its been a while since ive worked for ford and i cant seem to get ahold of my friend that works over there if i find out ill besure to post
forged eagle crank & rods forged speed pro coated pistons: 5 speed explorer 8.8 disk brake rear lowered 3" in back 4" in front
87ranger

Post by 87ranger »

i guess my point is that until you try to adapt disc brakes over to your drum rear and deal with changing your lines and ebrake cable you just spent more time time than what it would take to weld on shock and spring perches, and your still stuck with 28 spline axles., its really no more workdoing the rear swap than what it is screwing with all the little brake parts, it only took me a saturday afternoon to do the "fab work".
twin turbo v8 menace
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

87ranger wrote:i guess my point is that until you try to adapt disc brakes over to your drum rear and deal with changing your lines and ebrake cable you just spent more time time than what it would take to weld on shock and spring perches, and your still stuck with 28 spline axles., its really no more workdoing the rear swap than what it is screwing with all the little brake parts, it only took me a saturday afternoon to do the "fab work".
That's encouraging...but it's still out of my capabilities without a welder. :(
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
prpleranger

shock mounts

Post by prpleranger »

i donk know about where you live but here we have some rental places that rent welders by the day, id weld it for you but there is a bit of a distance delima and if your trying to use it spring over and need your pertches ontop you can get an axle flip kit so you dont have to weld new pertches on.
87ranger

Post by 87ranger »

you can get new perches in jegs for 15$
twin turbo v8 menace