Foxracin....what bottom rad hose did you use?

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Ryans5.8ranger
SM: No

Foxracin....what bottom rad hose did you use?

Post by Ryans5.8ranger »

as the title says, ....also are you useing a 4.0 explorer rad?...This question is pointed at Foxracin only as this is exacty what ive been looking for. Thank you
87 Ranger short box.17 inch gts...302..FMS E cam ,600 edelbrock,mazda 5 speed.....RIP tony B.....
87ranger

Post by 87ranger »

you could just send him a pm.....
twin turbo v8 menace
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

The lower is off a 1979 ltd 2. I had to cut a little bit off each end to get it right and iI had to soak one end in hot water to get it over the water kneck water pump. But it fits and works fine. Yep its the Exploder rad.
1988 5.0 Ranger
Ryans5.8ranger

Post by Ryans5.8ranger »

Thanks ....its a good vald question to ask anyways one piece hoses are a nice thing to have on a swap...i looked threw hose books at parts stores and could never find anything with that bend in it.
87 Ranger short box.17 inch gts...302..FMS E cam ,600 edelbrock,mazda 5 speed.....RIP tony B.....
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

When I replace my hoses in a few years, I'll see if I can try that. My setup is a 2-piece "spliced together" hose where one end is from a stock Ranger lower hose which fits onto the stock Ranger radiator. The other end is from a 5.0L Mustang which fits onto the water pump. Since the centers of both of those hoses are the same diameter, I could use one of those radiator hose patch kits. It started to leak green around the seal a while back, but re-tightening the hose clamp fixed that. It has been one of the more reliable parts of the swap. And if another hose posed too much of a problem, I'd probably do this setup again since it seems to be working well. I do remember getting that lower hose in and out was a huge pain. But that was to be expected since it was a pain to deal with back when it was a stock setup.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Ryans5.8ranger

Post by Ryans5.8ranger »

Yup i got a two piece of crap too...one straight piece then a elbo from a kitchen sink then a universal hose , i works better than it looks..