New Parts (FINALLY INSTALLED)

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Foxracin
SM: No

New Parts (FINALLY INSTALLED)

Post by Foxracin »

Got to love getting new parts. Ordered it from Summit Thursday mourning and received it Friday afternoon. Cant beat that shipping. Moving the tank and battery to the back. Ill get more pics when I do it all.
Last edited by Foxracin on Wed May 06, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1988 5.0 Ranger
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: New Parts

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Do you have straps to secure the fuel cell down? I have a brand new set still in box you could have for very little.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

What size of cell are they for. The tank is the Summit 12 gallon. Dimensions are 17x16x10. I was just going to make some up but if there will work and the price is right we might can deal. Let me know.
1988 5.0 Ranger
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

sweet fuel cell she will sure help with some weight transfer man
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

Got some more parts yesterday. Dont you just love it when you run across some great deal? Yesterday me and a buddy pick up 2 nitrous bottles 1 Zex bottle and 1 NOS bottle with a hi flo vavle, Zex efi dry shot controller box, purge solenoid, bottle brackets, bottle heater, and lots of line all for $80 bucks. Cant beat that with a stick. I kept the NOS bottle, brackets, purge solenoid, and line. So I got all that for $40 bucks. Going to sell the rest of it.

Now I just need some solenoids, a plate, and a few other thing to start throwing some go go juice at it.

Also here is a set of slicks I got a while back. There old but still have a LOT of life left in them and they still hook. Let a buddy borrow them this past weekend for his Mustang and we took it to the track and they destroyed a 7.5 rear end. We knew that or the tranny was going to break so he was taking it easy on it. on the 5th pass he launched it at 2800 and snap knocked a hole in the cover on the 7.5. It ran a 7.46 at 93.3 babying it leaving the line.

I just need to find a different set of wheels for them.

Trying to get some stuff together to take the Ranger to the track a few times this year.
1988 5.0 Ranger
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

Finally got around to start putting the new parts on and some other little stuff. Started this past weekend and finished it up today.

Added some 5.0 badges I got off my buddies Mustang. Not sure if I am goign to leave them on yet or not.

Painted the ford badge black. Kind of messed it up a tad so I need to get another and redo it.

Made a crossmember for the rear to get more room for a fuel cell.

Mock up of fuel cell.

Made a battery box.

All mounted up.

Now I need to cut a hole in the bed and I will be done. Also need to get some more braided line to run from the pump to the motor.
1988 5.0 Ranger
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: New Parts (FINALLY INSTALLED)

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Wow looking really good. You make me want to start building another project vehicle :)
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

Thanks man. Thats all the fun building stuff.

Get another Ranger and put the motor out of your Cobra in it. A DOHC 4.6 powered ranger with a big ole Kenne Bell super charger would be Nasty.
1988 5.0 Ranger
302project

Post by 302project »

looks pretty good. I like it
1993 Ford Ranger STX with a BOSS302 4-bolt main block in 5.0L form, Scat crank and rods, Probe pistons, Trickflow twisted wedge heads, intake and fuel rails, Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Automotive A1000 fuel pump, Canton oil pan, Mellin high volume oil pump, B&G Custom headers, PT88 Turbo, HPX PMAS MAF, MSD A6L box and distributor, Ford Racing 9 mm spark plug wires, 80 lbs Siemems injectors, stock A9L computer with an SCT 4 bank chip, ford 9" rear with coil overs, Tremec TKO500.
usmcrp1044

Post by usmcrp1044 »

Looks good.

Your running braided line from the pump to the motor? :shock: Thats gotta be a couple dollars to do that....
Why not just use aluminum or steel hardline.... nobody will see it.
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

It wont be to bad. I can get enough braided line for around 40-50 bucks. I already have some ends I can use.
1988 5.0 Ranger
usmcrp1044

Post by usmcrp1044 »

How do you put the ends on the line?

I bought a piece of 2' line w/ male #6's on both ends from Jegs for like $24 or so. I use it to go from the feed line on my carb to the regulator.

I've got a good buddy that has a hydraulics shop, and I worked there quite abit when I was in high school. I never saw him make braided line, but I guess I gotta stop again and see if he can. It would be alot easier to work with compared to steel line, I guess I'll take on that part when I get there.
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

Its real simple to put together. Hardest part is cutting it clean. All you do is cut it to length. There are tons of different ways to do it. Cut of wheels, chisels, pair of cutters. I just wrapped the center of the cut with electrical tape and cut it with a hack saw cause that was all I had at the time. The you just slide the red end all the way down onto the braided line. The blue end had a conical deal on it that threads into the red end. Just put a little oil on the conical part and screw them together while holding in on the braided line until they are tight.

Not sure if you understood that or not. lol Im not real good at explaining things but its real simple to do. There picturs of how to do it on the internet just have to find them.
1988 5.0 Ranger
usmcrp1044

Post by usmcrp1044 »

Yeah that makes sense.

Wouldnt be a problem w/ any low pressure stuff.
Any lines or fittings I need I can get them for free, it works out pretty good. Only bad part is I have to buy all the anodized fittings if I want something to look good.
Foxracin

Post by Foxracin »

Haha. I heard that.

So you can get the braided line for free?
1988 5.0 Ranger