I've gone Turbo!!!

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

v8ranger
SM: No

Re: I've gone Turbo!!!

Post by v8ranger »

It looks sweet!!!!! I love the stance it gives your truck.... Looking good man!!!
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
302project

Post by 302project »

MalcolmV8 wrote:Hopefully soon. I miss my toys too when they're down.
Yeah same here :(

v8ranger wrote:It looks sweet!!!!! I love the stance it gives your truck.... Looking good man!!!
Thanks man!!
1993 Ford Ranger STX with a BOSS302 4-bolt main block in 5.0L form, Scat crank and rods, Probe pistons, Trickflow twisted wedge heads, intake and fuel rails, Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Automotive A1000 fuel pump, Canton oil pan, Mellin high volume oil pump, B&G Custom headers, PT88 Turbo, HPX PMAS MAF, MSD A6L box and distributor, Ford Racing 9 mm spark plug wires, 80 lbs Siemems injectors, stock A9L computer with an SCT 4 bank chip, ford 9" rear with coil overs, Tremec TKO500.
Soul

Post by Soul »

Just finished flipping through this thread, and you sir are INSANE, I want a ride :)
87 Ranger: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 64cc 185 AFR heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Full manual reverse VB c4
302project

Post by 302project »

Soul wrote:Just finished flipping through this thread, and you sir are INSANE, I want a ride :)
LOL thanks but right now the truck is back to the surgery room lol. It got overheated and I blew the head gaskets. But that is not the problem since I am putting back together. The problem is that Im stripping the intake manifold threads on the heads 4 times (on three bolts) and im trying to avoid taking it off. Hopefully tomorrow I'll fix it for good.

The moral of this story is USE STUDS ON ALUMINUM HEADS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!

I learned that the hard way :(
1993 Ford Ranger STX with a BOSS302 4-bolt main block in 5.0L form, Scat crank and rods, Probe pistons, Trickflow twisted wedge heads, intake and fuel rails, Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Automotive A1000 fuel pump, Canton oil pan, Mellin high volume oil pump, B&G Custom headers, PT88 Turbo, HPX PMAS MAF, MSD A6L box and distributor, Ford Racing 9 mm spark plug wires, 80 lbs Siemems injectors, stock A9L computer with an SCT 4 bank chip, ford 9" rear with coil overs, Tremec TKO500.
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

For sure use the studs on aluminum, saves the headaches and the high dollar parts. That sounds like one hell of a ride you have.
88 Ranger short bed, 5.0 HO, T5, 9", My driver, Thanks guys for your help
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
60 Galaxie Starliner, chopped rat rod cruiser
Berrian 100" rail, Corvair 140+ 6 cylinder
00 Explorer, 4.0, AWD, daily driver