posting pics

Post by 94stranger »

how do I post pics of what I've done???
'93 ranger ext cab 5.0L HO lorider
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

A picture's worth 1000 words. And when it comes to what we have to discuss, being able to express ourselves through screenshots and pictures is sometimes a must. However you can't simply paste a picture into your responses on a phpBB forum like this one. You have to reference pictures that are already hosted from a website. For Internet forums, you must host the picture from your ISP or some other hosting service such as Photobucket.com.

Once you get the picture posted to either the forum server or to whatever hosting service you use, you'll need to reference the picture from the forum. If you are referencing a picture you posted on the forum server, the URL will look something like this:

Code: Select all

http://photobucket.com/..../<your file name>
If you find a picture on an Internet website that you want to reference (practice on Malcolm's red truck above), right-click the picture, go to Properties, and select out the entire Address (URL) from the properties dialog. Be careful because long URLs can scroll off the visible area (there is a scrolling region for long URLs, even though you don't see scroll bars), so make sure when you click-drag, that you get the entire URL.

Once selected, either Ctrl-C or right-click to Copy the URL. Then paste it into your discussion response with open and closing IMG tags. The URL should begin with the familiar http prefix and end with a familiar picture file suffix like .jpg or .gif extension. What you type will look something like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.v8-ranger.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif[/img]
But what others will see once your response is submitted will be the picture:

Regardless of whether you post from an Internet hosting service or reference some other website's posted pic, you can test your image's URL in a browser by simply pasting the URL in as the address you want the browser to go to. If the URL is correct, you will see your picture and only your picture in the browser. Otherwise, you'll get an error or some website. Keep in mind, URLs are case-sensitive, so if you are fat-fingering the URL, make sure to preview your forum posts to be sure everything is going to display the way you expect it to. It's really easy to accidentally type in .jpg when the file is actually .JPG.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by Dave »

Sounds hard to some but once you have done it, easy. I opened up an account (free) at CarDomain.com just so I had a place to stick pictures I wanted to post somewhere. Malcolm has a test area at the bottom of the entry screen, test, where you can practice.

This what a almost new Explorer motor can look like!
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting