wow what a disgrace!!

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

jbaer619
SM: No

wow what a disgrace!!

Post by jbaer619 »

Today when I went to napa, I saw a ranger with a small block chevy motor in it parked in the lot. I dont know how any of you feel about this, but I think it is a straight slap in the face to Henry Ford and every ford lover out there. It made me wish so bad that my ranger was done so I could show him what a real V8 ranger was supposed to have in it.
94 5.0l ranger, 6 in. lift in front 0 in back, pro-comp shocks w/ res. camburg springs, f-150 bent i-beams and radius arms, flared fiberglass fenders all around, 33 in. bfg muds with 4.56 posy rear end
cee21

Post by cee21 »

Yeah, I am not a fan of cross breeding either. Yeah the chevy 350 might be the cheapest and easiest motor ever to get parts for, but come on!! I really hate it when they put one in a 32 ford. Oh well, hopefully these people won't reproduce, lol.
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Personally it doesn't bother me at all. To me it's just a brand, both are good motors. What ever fits and gets the job done :)
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

SBF351 and SBC are about the same size and dimension which means you go through a lot of the same headache or accept some shortcomings with them. But plenty of people have shown it can be done. And in all fairness for somebody with oodles of SBC and parts & GM trannys laying around and no engine bay to put them in except maybe their ole work out Ranger, then more power to them for being a Ranger enthusiast. Although when I got into my swap, I was all about what would be the easiest to install and the easiest to maintain including being able to go to the parts store and get OEM parts, not specialty parts that are only available from 1 company that could go out of business at the drop of a hat. SBF or SBC can certainly fill that bill.

However I agree with you. There's something silly looking about bowties, so it's no surprise that a Ranger wearing one doesn't look right either.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org