fuel pump/ system

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

prpleranger
SM: No

fuel pump/ system

Post by prpleranger »

just read somewhere where people were having fuel pump issues when switching to carb setups.. there were some 82-84 f-350's with a return style regulator inline that regulates fuel down to about 7psi and returns the rest to the tank. they were used with a 4barrel holley, i have a 95 ranger and i saved the quick release ends from the 4 cyl and was able to cut all the plastic off them and tie in braises line to the regulator.
hope this helps anyone with fuel problems... ive been through alot of headaches with my ranger so feel free to ask anythin if i can help ill try to keep up with this on here
95 extended cab ranger 302 .30 over e-303
forged eagle crank & rods forged speed pro coated pistons: 5 speed explorer 8.8 disk brake rear lowered 3" in back 4" in front
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

when I put my 5.0HO in my 86 that had a FI 2.9, I just unhooked the wires at the sending unit at the top of the tank, put in a inline fuel pump in the engine bay and have had no problems at all. Its a 4 to 8 psi pump made for carbs. Got it at Auto Zone, I think. There where 2 differant kinds. One of them was very noisy, ditched that one. The one I got is round with a fuel filter that screws on the inlet end of it. Its been on there for about 5 years now and have had no problems what so ever.
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
prpleranger

fuel pump

Post by prpleranger »

yea that works good too but im usin the stock intank pump so i figure it will have enough flow to provide ample fuel and i wont have to block off my return line plus i didnt have to wire up anything extra to come on with the key
95 extended cab ranger 302 .30 over e-303
forged eagle crank & rods forged speed pro coated pistons: 5 speed explorer 8.8 disk brake rear lowered 3" in back 4" in front