think shes got 12s in her

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Ontariov8
SM: No

think shes got 12s in her

Post by Ontariov8 »

Well to start off i have a 1994 ford ranger 2wd short box with the following mods suspension its lowered in front 2" drop coils 3" drop beams out back flip kit. Using toxic lowering shocks on all 4 corners. Also usin call tracs designed for the flip kit. Tires running 275/45/17s on mustang bullits 8" rim up front out back running P315/35R17 micky thompson et street radials out back on deep dish bullits 10.5" rim. Not rear end is a 8.8 with 3:73s an a traction lock. Transmission is a t5 with a centerforce dual friction clutch. Motor is a 306 with brand new Trick FLow track heat heads that are ported and polished and the valves have been worked as well. the T-body is Edelbrock 70mm and the intakes are Edelbrock 5.0 and are fully ported and polished and come with a 1" heat spacer. The rockers are brand new Comp pro magnum chromoly. The motor is stock crank and rods with arp fasteners and Speed pro forged pistons. The head bolts are Arp as well. running 24lbs injectors underdrive pulleys an a bbk cold air kit what you think i should run in the 1/4 on a good prept track at 600 feet above sea level thanks guys cam is like a e303 as well
usmcrp1044

Post by usmcrp1044 »

I have desktop dyno, as well as some desktop drag racing simulator. I'd be happy to run it for you but, I need some more numbers.

The things I specifically need are some type of cylinder head flow chart. I know you say they are ported and polished, so unless you had them on a flow bench and have your own numbers, it's not going to be accurate. I can put in the stock numbers to, and it's just going to be a rough estimate.

I need to know your compression ratio. If you don't know, then I would need what cc the heads are, what the bore is(I'm assuming 4.030in if it's a 302 bored 30 over.) I also need the head gasket thickness, and piston down bore @TDC.

The one thing I hate about desktop dyno is the induction part. It is very limited, so I need to know how many CFM the induction flow is. I'm not certain how to tell with fuel injection, but a carb's size is usually given in cfm. I would imagine both the size of the injectors and the throttle body would make a difference. I also need the intake manifold type to.

What type of exhaust do you have? I'm limited to stock, or high performance manifolds w/ mufflers. I would imagine the high performance to be the explorer headers. I can also pick from small tube headers or large tube headers with or without mufflers. Use your imagination, I've always considered 1 1/2" and smaller small tube headers.

I believe I have all the right stuff for the cam, I found the specs on ford racing.com

So, if you can figure out all that stuff, that should give you a somewhat accurate dyno rating. Then I can try transferring it to the drag racing program. It's kinda complicated but worth it in the end.
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

I found these estimaters that are based on your estimated HP and weight. I think the limiting factor might be that E-303 cam. I've got a bunch of dyno tests that MM & FF did a couple of years ago on injected motors. Think usmcrp is going to need your valve size and rocker ratio also.
Dave

http://robrobinette.com/et.htm

http://www.milesgallon.com/quarter_mile ... eight=3200

http://www.tunercalcs.com/

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/4601/hpcalc.html
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

thanks guys ill driy to get more info on this motor for ya to give me a better idea thanks again
88ranger306

Post by 88ranger306 »

i'm not sure how much 600ft above sea level affects power, but your biggest factor is the manual transmission. It all depends on how good of a driver you are. If you had a c4 with that motor set up I would imagine you could go 12.50's. Not sure about the 5 speed though.
if it has wheels or tits it will give you trouble.
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Ya, the more I look into what your parts are, they are so, so many varibles. Didn't realize there were so many different Trick Flow street heads and options. Same thing with Edlebrock heads, just can't do a good simulation. Do have a bunch of different dyno tests that MM & FF did a couple of years ago with similar combonation to yours. Head tests and intakes also if anyone would want me to sent them out. It's cold everywhere and is good reading.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting