Couple pictures of the engine and the truck...

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

usmcrp1044
SM: No

Couple pictures of the engine and the truck...

Post by usmcrp1044 »

I sent my msd 6al box back, got $230 and figured I would order some good looking parts instead of some go fast parts this time. :D

New valve covers, air cleaner, and feed line. Cost about $200 for everything.

Check out the ford nut. I guess if I have a 'ford nut' then I really am a ford nut... :shock: :)

Engine bay as it sits... looks awful lonely. But it sure is alot easier to turn the manual steering, even when the truck is sitting still. :)

The seats I am going to use. I picked em up used off craigslist, but they look/feel like new. $200. Some kid had them in a nissan 300 or whatever those things are. Damned imports.

Interior. Installing the drivers seat before I do the roll cage. The main hoop of the roll bar is just sitting in the cab. It's an 8 point, so it's not to much of a jungle gym to climb over on my way in. The bar is one from Jegs. I'll be sure to post some pics as I go along.... Going to be alot of work, but if I ever get the thing below 11.49 (obviously not w/ the current motor) then I dont have to cut it back up again.
2003EDGE

Re: Couple pictures of the engine and the truck...

Post by 2003EDGE »

Ooooohhhhh Shiney!
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Yup 11.49 is the magic number here in KC too. I made one pass in the Cobra on drag radials and ran exactly 11.49 and burned threw 1st and chirped 2nd and they told me go slower or get a roll cage :D

Your motor looks real nice. Amazing what a set of valve covers and shiny air cleaner does for style.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

looks nice whats the spec on it cam heads intake etc thanks
usmcrp1044

Post by usmcrp1044 »

Ontariov8 wrote:looks nice whats the spec on it cam heads intake etc thanks
89 302 f-150 block. Bone stock bottom end, low miles... pulled mains, rods, and a couple pistons. Everything in good shape.

Heads are from the f-150, ported the exhaust side because the motor was trying to exhale through a straw. Springs to match the cam, fresh valve job, and cut a little because one was warped... 63 cc chambers... Held on with milodon head bolts and Fel Pro 1011-1's

Cam is an XE268H comp cam. Hydraulic flat tappet... .509 .512 valve lift intake/exhaust. Duration is 268,280 intake/exhaust. @ .050 is 224-230. Adv RPM range is 1600-5800

Fuel system is a ('slightly') used Holley 650 DP. Holley max pressure regulator. Used Holley blue fuel pump.

Intake is a Edelbrock RPM air gap. Adv RPM 1600-6500

Ignition is a 7,000 series pro-comp dizzy & a blaster 2 coil. Distributor has an igntion module on it, so no ignition 'box.'

Jegs 'heavy duty' aluminum water pump

I've got about $2,000 in the motor... not bad for the way it runs. :)
I'd guess around 325 horsepower or so, and sounds pretty lumpy 8)
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

sweet cait wait for vids of her ripping up the streets an track
usmcrp1044

Post by usmcrp1044 »

Ontariov8 wrote:sweet cait wait for vids of her ripping up the streets an track

Hope your around for awhile. :D

I work slow. I had a video that my girlfriend took of the engine running. She was using my camera on video mode or whatever, and standing right next to it w/ open headers. Way to much sound for the camera and it just sounds like alot of noise. If I run the engine again on the stand, I'll be sure to get a good video of it. Sounds great with that cam, and the thing snaps off an idle to whatever rpm in an in an instant.
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

looking real good buddy. we got a lot to talk about when you get down to florida. that roll cage your putting in is like mine, seats similar too. i found the steering wheel felt like it was in my chest. to close to me. i'll show you how i moved mine toward the dash when you get here...the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost
usmcrp1044

Post by usmcrp1044 »

rojam18801 wrote:looking real good buddy. we got a lot to talk about when you get down to florida. that roll cage your putting in is like mine, seats similar too. i found the steering wheel felt like it was in my chest. to close to me. i'll show you how i moved mine toward the dash when you get here...the old trucker
Where did you get your cage from? Mines a Jegster 8 PT Roll 'Bar'
It's considered a roll bar, because I have nothing over the front of me. A cage has to surround the driver. But you can buy an 8 point bar to 10 point cage conversion kit pretty cheap ($100+) and that would be easy enough to do with everything in the truck...

The roll bar is only good to 11.00

The steering wheel in it now doesnt feel bad with the seat in, I'll post some pics of it next time I work on the truck. I've got a Grant steering wheel in the truck I drive everyday, I'll probably pull that out and put the original one back in. It's a little smaller than the stock ranger wheel, but not to much. Not small enough that it will make steering too hard. :)

I love the seats that I got. Some kid had them on Craigslist last fall, long before I started w/ the truck. But I had to buy em. They look damn good.

I'll be sure to get in touch with you when I'm down there. It's looking like June, but still no tickets yet. I've got to get around to getting those. :)