I've gone Turbo!!!

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

302project
SM: No

Re: I've gone Turbo!!!

Post by 302project »

Update:
The truck is running with a bad idle it needs a tune real bad.

It's nice that everything fits under the stock hood!!!! LOL

1993 Ford Ranger STX with a BOSS302 4-bolt main block in 5.0L form, Scat crank and rods, Probe pistons, Trickflow twisted wedge heads, intake and fuel rails, Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Automotive A1000 fuel pump, Canton oil pan, Mellin high volume oil pump, B&G Custom headers, PT88 Turbo, HPX PMAS MAF, MSD A6L box and distributor, Ford Racing 9 mm spark plug wires, 80 lbs Siemems injectors, stock A9L computer with an SCT 4 bank chip, ford 9" rear with coil overs, Tremec TKO500.
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

That's awesome. I love it. That turbo looks HUGE though. What size is it? or what's it from?
Also what is the -AN line coming from the center of the turbo for? oil?
How are you doing to tune it? or are you having it tuned by someone?
Any videos? I bet it sounds awesome :)
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
302project

Post by 302project »

I bought the turbo new and the turbo its from precision turbo and its a pt-88 which is 88mm I believe. The -AN line on the top is for the oil and the one on the bottom which is not visible is for the oil return. I'll have someone tuning it for me hopefully today. Videos are coming soon especially since I bought a cheap Chinese hd camcorder. Honestly I liked the way it sounded before the turbo in the natural aspirated form, it sounded a lot meaner than now but it doesn't sound bad at all.
1993 Ford Ranger STX with a BOSS302 4-bolt main block in 5.0L form, Scat crank and rods, Probe pistons, Trickflow twisted wedge heads, intake and fuel rails, Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Automotive A1000 fuel pump, Canton oil pan, Mellin high volume oil pump, B&G Custom headers, PT88 Turbo, HPX PMAS MAF, MSD A6L box and distributor, Ford Racing 9 mm spark plug wires, 80 lbs Siemems injectors, stock A9L computer with an SCT 4 bank chip, ford 9" rear with coil overs, Tremec TKO500.
302project

Post by 302project »

It's been a little while since I haven't posted anything new but that's because I got out of a surgery that I was supposed to do years ago, ( I'm a wuss when it comes to hospitals especially surgery) but I'm recovering just fine. Anyways b4 the surgery I changed a few things since I want POWER :mrgreen: .

I went from this......

To this. It's an 05 and up slot type MAF and it's from HPX which is capable of 1000HP I like it!!!!.....

And also I changed my injectors for 42 lbs to 80 lbs high impedance injectors of course!!

42 lbs injectors....

80 lbs injectors...

80 lbs vs 42 lbs.....

80 lbs vs 42 lbs nozzle...

Now the truck barely starts of course since it's been flooded LOL( I only attempted to start it just one time). Hopefully by the end of next week I'll take it to a dyno shop if not definitely within 2 weeks. I'm dying to see what it can do!!!
But my tuner told me that with these injectors and that MAF I could be making 900 horses( with a lot more boost than just 10 lbs)
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

dang it,302 project...now i might have to add a second blower or jet engine in my bed just to keep up with you. your looking good ,LOOKING REAL GOOD!!!... the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost
302project

Post by 302project »

Thanks rojam your truck looks and sounds real nice too. When are you going to post more vids?? I want to see it in action!!

I recommend you to put a jet engine instead of another blower. Yeah is a little more expensive but I think is worth it :mrgreen:
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

rojam18801 wrote:dang it,302 project...now i might have to add a second blower or jet engine in my bed just to keep up with you. your looking good ,LOOKING REAL GOOD!!!... the old trucker
Then you can bring me that blown 347 and I can put it in my Ranger lol. I will let you have my supercharged 5.0 for the troubles lol. :mrgreen:

Your turbo Ranger is looking sweet under the hood...... How much boost??
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

That truck is looking insane. I can't wait to hear the numbers or see it run. Can you give some more info on that mass air? You said 05 and up but off what vehicles? or is that strictly aftermarket stuff?
80lb injectors are just massive lol. I was looking at bumping mine to 60lbs when I get my bigger blower. Your truck should be a beast.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
302project

Post by 302project »

v8ranger wrote:
rojam18801 wrote:dang it,302 project...now i might have to add a second blower or jet engine in my bed just to keep up with you. your looking good ,LOOKING REAL GOOD!!!... the old trucker
Then you can bring me that blown 347 and I can put it in my Ranger lol. I will let you have my supercharged 5.0 for the troubles lol. :mrgreen:

Your turbo Ranger is looking sweet under the hood...... How much boost??
Thanks!!
Right now I only want to boost it 10 lbs due to new engine then 20+ if I don't crap my pants lol
MalcolmV8 wrote:That truck is looking insane. I can't wait to hear the numbers or see it run. Can you give some more info on that mass air? You said 05 and up but off what vehicles? or is that strictly aftermarket stuff?
80lb injectors are just massive lol. I was looking at bumping mine to 60lbs when I get my bigger blower. Your truck should be a beast.
Thanks to you too.
http://www.themustangshop.ca/product/1479798/300713 go here for the MAF info. And you can buy a plug and play harness for your 03 cobra here.. http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.ph ... &parent=29
and as for my truck I plan to tune it this friday oct 16 if its not crowed on the tune shop.
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

10!!! wow, you will like 10....I am only putting out 6 in my super charged Ranger, and to me that was pretty impresive. I was thinking about changing pullys and getting it to put out 8 or 9. I do know one thing, If you get caught out in the rain, you have to be carefull when you start making any kind of boost. You will need them tires that the old trucker has, they are 10 feet wide if you go to 20 lbs of boost lol.
Ported GT-40 heads
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Stock posi rear end
QuarterHorse

Post by QuarterHorse »

Looks killer, can't wait to see some ET's on this bad boy.
'94 Danger Ranger
'92 Mustang SSP - Of course it's stock
'81 XJ YamaBobber
'79 XS YamaBobber in the works
302project

Post by 302project »

v8ranger wrote:10!!! wow, you will like 10....I am only putting out 6 in my super charged Ranger, and to me that was pretty impresive. I was thinking about changing pullys and getting it to put out 8 or 9. I do know one thing, If you get caught out in the rain, you have to be carefull when you start making any kind of boost. You will need them tires that the old trucker has, they are 10 feet wide if you go to 20 lbs of boost lol.
Don't worry this truck will not be driven in the rain, and in the event that I do by accident I would just park somewhere and wait for the rain to stop. And yeah I do need better rims and wider tires.
QuarterHorse wrote:Looks killer, can't wait to see some ET's on this bad boy.
You and I both bro, but I doubt that I'll go to the track very often. This will be a street truck than a strip truck
rojam18801

Post by rojam18801 »

gosh... i feel like everyone's parting out my little truck. :cry: ...the old trucker
83 ranger,347 stroker,sportsman block,forged crank,h rods,forged pistons,10.2 comp,roush heads,750 quick fuel carb,gear driven comp solid roller 306 dur.with 612 lift, motorsport roller rockers,6al msd,jegs rad,elec fan,c-4 full manual reverse pattern with trans brake 3800 stall,hurst quarter stick,hooker headers. fiberglass frontend,narrowed rear frame,tubbed,4 link rear,9 inch narrowed rear,4:56 locker,10 piont cage,10 gal fuel cell,180hp nos,linelock,m/t 18.5 wide rear tire.671 at 9lb boost
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

rojam18801 wrote:gosh... i feel like everyone's parting out my little truck. :cry: ...the old trucker
Everyone wants parts off your because its SWEET!!! and INSANE!!!! lol
Ported GT-40 heads
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Stock posi rear end
302project

Post by 302project »

rojam18801 wrote:gosh... i feel like everyone's parting out my little truck. :cry: ...the old trucker
LOL
v8ranger wrote:
Everyone wants parts off your because its SWEET!!! and INSANE!!!! lol
X2