Ranger relocated gas tank

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

dthorpe

Ranger relocated gas tank

Post by dthorpe »

our 83 V-8 Ranger has had the gas tank relocated to the rear of the truck. The fuel filler neck is located on the inside of the inner bedside panel on drivers side. The tank is leaking, and I have no idea what the tank is out of. I was wondering if anybody knows if a gas tank out of a Bronco II will fit in the back.

I am assuming that the width of the frame is the same, but don't want to order a tank, straps and sending unit to find out it won't fit. Any help is appreciated
94stranger
SM: No

Re: Ranger relocated gas tank

Post by 94stranger »

apparently I think its '83 had a reserve tank in the rear of the truck where the spare would go! maybe thats what you got. post some pics!
Last edited by 94stranger on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'93 ranger ext cab 5.0L HO lorider
broncobowsher

Post by broncobowsher »

In the 80's Rangers had a duel tank option. I think the rear tank was based off a BroncoII.

If it was a custom piece by someone else, it will be nearly impossible to figure out what it is unless you find a previous owner and ask them what they did. Then hope they remembered, correctly.
v8ranger
SM: No

Post by v8ranger »

You can go to www.LMCTruck.com and look to see if they are the same. But yes, they was a duel tank opstion, I wish mine had two tanks, 16 gallons goes fast.
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end