My Ranger

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

sho_shane

My Ranger

Post by sho_shane »

Its a 1985 LWB Ranger. It has a 5.0 out of 95 GT. Motor is all stock. Its also running the stock AOD out of the 95 GT. The motor trans setup has 69K on it so it will be a good motor to start modding soon. It has been swapped over to a Carb setup using a 2 barrel intake (im not sure what its off of) and a 2 barrel stock carb off a 85 LTD.

OK keep going, The power steering and alternator brackets and all are off a 91 Thunderbird. The water pump id also off a 91 Thunderbird with a clutch fan to keep it cool. Also to keep it cool is running a 4 core rad out of the LMC web site.

Its running the stock rear end with 345 gears and 95 GT Rear Disc Brakes. Only other thing that's off is the drive shaft is a one piece off a 85 LTD.

Here are some body pics:
Motor:

Inside:

I really dont know what to do 1st. I want to lower it and put a set of 2003 Cobra Wheels on it. But I dont know if they will fit, how they would look, and if 18's would look good on the truck?
sho_shane

Re: My Ranger

Post by sho_shane »

And the oil under the truck is from my Cobra
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

A little false-advertising by keeping the original V6 badges. Part of the whole "sneaker" aspect? Keep it looking as stock as possible?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Erics88

Post by Erics88 »

Here's a pics of my 88 with the bullitt wheels. I dropped the truck 2 in. also. I think that 18's would look good. But, you'll need wheel spacers for the front.
Attachments
v8 ranger.jpg
v8 ranger.jpg (16.79 KiB) Viewed 6387 times
Ontariov8

Post by Ontariov8 »

nice looking truck man sleeper their
sho_shane

Post by sho_shane »

Ya I really dont want it to look like a sleeper but I dont have the money to do stuff right now.

I want the DJM 3" I Beams in front and I dont know who makes a set of new leafs to lower the rear. I do not want to use blocks cus this truck will have slicks on it and iv heard bad things about blocks and slicks.

I want the 03 Cobra 18's on m truck but I dont want it to slow me down so I might go with the 17" Cobra R's. If I go with that setup I would like to run 17x9 in the front and 17x10 in the rear. Is this a bolt on setup? How wide of a tire and I run in the rear?

Last night I picked up a set of gt40 cobra heads that need a rebuild. I want to get them redone with some port work. Then bolt onto my truck: GT40 heads, E-303 Cam, Air Gap Intake, Edlbrock 600cc carb, then pull my NOS plate kit off my old truck I have in the closet. Im thinking with it being a forged roller motor I will do a 100hp shot.

So with all that I should have a fast little truck. What do yall think?
sho_shane

Post by sho_shane »

I just changed my mind. I want this setup. SOme one please tell me everything I need to know about these wheels. I love the way these look on this truck. I love the deep in the stagered look with them being that deep in the rear. LOVE IT!!!

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii13 ... um/021.jpg
Erics88

Post by Erics88 »

I lowered my truck with 2" drop springs and flipped the leaf hangers in the rear. Cheap way to go. I measured on my 88, and the deep dish bullitts will bolt on my truck fine. Your truck is the same set up. Again, you'll need wheel spacers for the front.
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

sho_shane wrote:Im thinking with it being a forged roller motor I will do a 100hp shot.
Up above you said it was a stock 95 GT Mustang motor. If so you don't have forged internals. Not even the pistons.

Those rims do look nice. I'm actually not a big fan of bullets on a Mustang but they suite that ranger well.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
sho_shane

Post by sho_shane »

MalcolmV8 wrote:
sho_shane wrote:Im thinking with it being a forged roller motor I will do a 100hp shot.
Up above you said it was a stock 95 GT Mustang motor. If so you don't have forged internals. Not even the pistons.

Those rims do look nice. I'm actually not a big fan of bullets on a Mustang but they suite that ranger well.
I thought all Roller 5.0's from like 87 to 95 had Forged pistons?

My buddy has been running a 150 shot on his FI 5.0 Mustang for like 3 years and he goes though a bottle a weekend at the track.
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

93 was the last year for forged pistons in the 302. 94 and 95 Mustangs have cast pistons. How they hold up to a 100 shot I have no idea.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
sho_shane

Post by sho_shane »

Well that just Sucks :cry:

Well what about a 75 wet plate kit?

I was thinking of adding a tool box. Have my bottle in it and a 1-2 gal fuel cell in there. Then hookin up a Holly Blue on the side of the rail. Running the fuel line up in the rail up the a FPR then to the fuel solenoid. Then run the nitrous line up the rail to the nitrous solenoid. Put the holly pump on a switch and stick it on a plate in between intake and carb. What yall think? :D
87sc302

Post by 87sc302 »

I also like the Bullitt wheels.
Erics88 my 87 was the same color combination as your but paint did not look as good as yours.
Mine has lowered I beams and rear flip kit
Pictures below my downloads photos were not working
Operator error I am sure

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee35 ... 009008.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/album
87 XCab Lowered
306 CI World windsor Heads
Tr-Y Headers, Flowmaster,Mild
650 Quik fuel Holley/Edelbrock rpm perf
T-5
sho_shane

Post by sho_shane »

87sc302 wrote:I also like the Bullitt wheels.
Erics88 my 87 was the same color combination as your but paint did not look as good as yours.
Mine has lowered I beams and rear flip kit
Pictures below my downloads photos were not working
Operator error I am sure

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee35 ... 009008.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/album
Man you truck looks great. I would give anything to have a EXT Cab.
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Malcolm, I assume the Explorer engines followed suit with the 94-95 Mustangs with regard to cast vs forged. It just wouldn't make sense for Ford to have installed, even forged pistons on a soccer mom vehicle if they wouldn't put them on the 94-95 Mustang.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org