Clutch gone bad

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Grumpy
SM: No

Clutch gone bad

Post by Grumpy »

this is what happened when my clutch/pressure plate let go back in December ................ lol

http://picasaweb.google.com/10146026446 ... 1333676610

only things usable are the TOB and the slave and the shifter .............. the gears inside are still good but i doubt anyone is willing to take it apart to get to them ...... im not .. lol

i got a GOOD 2.3 tho .... for parts or whole if ya know anyone looking .. its the 8 plug head runs great no smoke or knocks or anything
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: Clutch gone bad

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Dang never seen that before except in high hp race cars. Did it let go at WOT somewhere around 6k rpms or something?
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

nope.. it let go in 2nd at about 2500 rpm .............. was one hell of a BANG too ... my son was in his car behind me and said he NEVER seen so many sparks come from under a vehicle in his life !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL it threw hot parts about 45 feet onto the side of the highway and set the grass on fire instantly ..... i have done this b4 in my Mustang but not that bad ... the 4 cyl wasnt hurt ....... when i can get whats left of the pressure plate off the flywheel ill post a pic of it too .... there is NOTHING inside of it where it rides on the clutch disk .... its ALL gone ... i got a few pieces of it on a rag out there ill post with it when i get it off ....WAS WICKED too ... lmao
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
302project

Post by 302project »

wow that sucks!
I'm glad you are ok could've been worse

And that is why I installed a bulletproof bellhousing in my truck.
1993 Ford Ranger STX with a BOSS302 4-bolt main block in 5.0L form, Scat crank and rods, Probe pistons, Trickflow twisted wedge heads, intake and fuel rails, Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Automotive A1000 fuel pump, Canton oil pan, Mellin high volume oil pump, B&G Custom headers, PT88 Turbo, HPX PMAS MAF, MSD A6L box and distributor, Ford Racing 9 mm spark plug wires, 80 lbs Siemems injectors, stock A9L computer with an SCT 4 bank chip, ford 9" rear with coil overs, Tremec TKO500.